Home improvement is an important task for any homeowner, as it can add value to a property and make it look more attractive. But did you know that where you live can have an impact on the types of home improvement projects you take on? In this article, we’ll explore what city does home improvement take place in and the benefits of improving your home in certain cities.
Overview of the Home Improvement Show
If you’re a fan of the Home Improvement television show, then you’re probably wondering what city it is filmed in. The show is set in the fictional town of Detroit, Michigan. However, it is actually filmed in Los Angeles, California. This is because the majority of the filming takes place indoors in studio sets.
While the exterior shots of the Taylor family home are filmed in Detroit, Michigan, the interiors are shot on soundstages and sets located in Burbank, California. The same is true for most of the other homes and businesses featured on the show. In some cases, exterior shots are filmed on location in Los Angeles as well.
If you’re ever in Los Angeles and want to see some of the filming locations used for Home Improvement, here are a few places you can check out:
The Taylor Family Home:
The exterior shots of Tim Taylor’s home are actually filmed at a house located at 716 N Almont Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. The interior shots were all filmed on soundstages and sets located in Burbank, CA.
Wilson’s Hardware Store:
The hardware store that Tim frequents is actually a set located at 4222 W Riverside Dr, Burbank, CA 91505.
Stroh Meyer & Arndt Lumber Co:
The lumber company that Tim and his buddy Al visit is also a set located at 4
Setting of the Home Improvement Show
The Home Improvement Show is set in the city of Detroit, Michigan. The show follows the lives of a group of home improvement experts who live and work in the city. The show chronicles their personal and professional lives as they strive to improve the homes of Detroit residents.
Popular Filming Locations Used in Home Improvement
There are many popular filming locations used in the sitcom “Home Improvement”. Some of these locations are:
1. The exterior of the Taylor’s house is actually located in Los Angeles, California.
2. The interior of the home is shot on a soundstage in Burbank, California.
3. The Tool Time set was also built on a soundstage in Burbank.
4. Binford Tools, the company that Tim works for, is located in Detroit, Michigan.
5. Jill’s workplace, where she is a psychologist, is also located in Detroit.
How to Visit Filming Locations from Home Improvement
If you’re a fan of the classic sitcom Home Improvement, you may want to visit some of the filming locations. While the show was set in Detroit, Michigan, many of the exterior shots were filmed in Los Angeles, California. Here’s how you can visit some of the filming locations from home:
1. The Taylor family home is located at 7777 Waverly Drive in Los Angeles. You can take a photo outside of the house, but please be respectful of the current residents.
2. The Binford Tool Company factory where Tim worked is located at 7100 Santa Monica Boulevard in Hollywood. Unfortunately, it’s now a parking lot, so there’s not much to see here.
3. Jill’s school, Mark Twain Elementary, is located at 1555 N Cahuenga Boulevard in Hollywood. It’s currently used as an event space, so you might be able to catch a glimpse of it if there’s an event going on when you visit.
4. The restaurant where Tim and Al had their infamous “meatloafgate” argument is actually two different restaurants in real life. The exterior shots were filmed at Pete’s Café, located at 8048 W 3rd Street in Los Angeles. The interior shots were filmed at Musso & Frank Grill, located at 6667 Hollywood Boulevard also in Los Angeles.
5. Finally, one of the most iconic locations from the show is Wilson’s fence. It’s located on the back lot of Paramount Studios, located at 5555 Melrose Avenue in Hollywood. Unfortunately, the area is not open to the public, but you can take a photo from the street.
Visiting these locations from home can be a fun way to pay homage to this classic show and to feel like you’re right there in the Taylor family living room!
Tips for Visiting Filming Sites
When visiting filming sites, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, be respectful of the property and those who live there. Second, be aware that filming crews are working and try not to get in their way. Finally, remember that these sites are often private property, so be sure to get permission before taking any photos or videos.
Highlights of Filming Locations Used in Home Improvement
The Home Improvement television show was filmed primarily in Los Angeles, California. Other filming locations were also used throughout the series, including:
• San Francisco, California
• Seattle, Washington
• Tucson, Arizona
• Denver, Colorado
Home Improvement is a much-loved sitcom that has been around since the early 1990s. Set in Detroit, Michigan, it follows the lives of Tim Taylor and his family as they tackle their everyday predicaments with humor and warmth. Home Improvement provides a unique insight into family life in America’s heartland and continues to be enjoyed by millions of viewers worldwide. With its lovable characters, amusing plotlines, and clever use of pop culture references, it’s no wonder why this show remains so popular to this day.